Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
659 Discussions

HLS component invocation

Gopikrishnan
Novice

Hello,

I've a design with 2 components. The output from the first component is fed to the second component. While the second component is working I want the first component to work on a new set of inputs. 

Is this possible to achieve this. My understanding is the main function executes sequentially so only one component can be active at a time according to the sequential flow of the main.

Is it possible to run two components parallelly from the main function?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

This is fairly easy to do with Intel's FPGA SDK for OpenCL, but I am not sure about the HLS tool. Take a look at "Systems of Tasks" in the link below; I think this could help you achieve what you want:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/ewa1462824960255.html#ztv1551199913467

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi,

Thanks Gopikrishnan for posting in Intel community forum and HRZ for the recommendation, hope you both are well.
Please do let us know if that helps to clarify or any further clarification is needed.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Gopikrishnan,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. Hence thread will now be transitioned to community support for further help on doubts in this thread. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos