Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
539 Discussions

How can I simulate "counter" example on the Modelsim?

ukhuc
Novice

I have set up a Windows 10 computer to work with. I have installed the required software, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 pro, ModelSim Intel FPGA Starter Edition 10.5b and Quartus Prime 18.1 Lite Edition.

Following the HLS Compiler Getting Started Guide, I ran the init_hls.bat, and set up the environmental variables.

Next I compiled the counter example on QP Lite 18.1.

Now I need to simulate the component in ModelSim.

Can someone help me with step-by-step instructions on how to run simulation.

There is no vsim.wlf created a.prj folder and i++ -march="CycloneV" -ghdl counter.cpp didn't work for me.

Can I simulate in Modelsim with QP Lite edition? Cause I cannot afford std version right now.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/hls/ug-hls.pdf (Chapter 5 and 6) for simulation. What is the output of running i++ -march="CycloneV" -ghdl counter.cpp ?

Thanks