Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
660 Discussions

Local OneAPI FPGA synthesis

DanielDl
Beginner

Hello, I am trying to run FPGA hardware synthesis locally on my own device but i ran into problem 

I get error message while trying to build Simple_Add with hw option : 

Error: Internal Compiler Error. BSP specified project name dcp, but dcp.qpf does not exist. 

I am wondering if i should create such file or it is caused by wrong versions of software. 
    I am using Quartus Pro 19.3 and Intel OneApi release 2021.1-beta07.

Is there any problem with these softwares or the problem is elsewhere? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Can you mention which device you are trying to run the OneAPI compilation. 

Is this a custom board and which is the BSP is being used. 

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

In addition to the previous response please let us know the following 

1. Whether the FPGA add on is installed.  

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/components/fpga.html

2. Whether the init script has been run ?  It has to be run every session.

The command is as shown below

source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh

Please let us know the response to the queries. 

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please let us know whether the instructions as below

"1. Whether the FPGA add on is installed.  

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/components/fpga.html

2. Whether the init script has been run ? It has to be run every session.

The command is as shown below

source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh

"

Helped in addressing the issue.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
DanielDl
Beginner

1.) I have installed oneAPI base toolkit only as i found no specific standalone download for FPGA addon.
I guess it should be enough.

2.)Yes i have added execution of this script to .bashrc such i do not have to do it manually. 

I looked at the produced files and i was able to find .prj folder that contains  *.v files and some other, but i do not fully understand build process, so i do not know if thats a good sign.  

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Can you share the make file / commands which you are using for building and details about FPGA device you are targeting the code to be run.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
DanielDl
Beginner

Hello , I am trying to compile project provided by OneApi example projects, specialy said FPGA_tutorial_Compile_Flow.

I created example project in Eclipse on Virtual Ubuntu machine. But Eclipse Build Target for fpga was not doing anything so i built fpga_emu target. In build folder there was makefile which contained target for fpga and i used command "make fpga" to build for FPGA. and then the error mentioned in first message appears. 

Is it possible that thiscrash could be cused by lack of memory?

0 Kudos
Penteado__Mauricio

Hi folks,

I have the exactly same problem on my side:

Error: Internal Compiler Error.  BSP specified project name dcp, but dcp.qpf does not exist.

I am trying to run the Intel's Simple_Add example on OneApi 2021.1-beta07.

My card is a DE10-Standard with Cyclone V. I am using the BSP provided by terasic.

Please, let me know if anyone can help me.

Regards,

Mauricio G Penteado.

0 Kudos
antarde_intel
Employee

Hi ,

For running "make fpga" you need to install the FPGA add-on. If you dont have it installed, please follow the steps below.

If you go to the bottom of the download screen for the Base toolkit, the FPGA addon can be downloaded if you expand the bottom box (in red). You might need to redownload/install the Base as well, if you are using an older Beta version and we’re on Beta08 right now

From https://dynamicinstaller.intel.com/oneapi/toolkits/base-kit/linux/:

antarde_intel_0-1598551567219.jpeg

0 Kudos
Penteado__Mauricio
eclipse-workspace/Simple_Add# make hw -f Makefile.fpga
dpcpp -O2 -g -std=c++17 -v -fintelfpga a_buffers.o -o simple-add-buffers.fpga -Xshardware -Xsboard=de10_standard_sharedonly
Intel(R) oneAPI DPC++ Compiler 2021.1-beta06 (2020.4.0.0415)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9
Selected GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9
Candidate multilib: .;@m64
Selected multilib: .;@m64
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/clang-offload-bundler" -type=o -targets=host-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,sycl-spir64_fpga-unknown-unknown-sycldevice -inputs=a_buffers.o -outputs=/tmp/a_buffers-e1b85e.o,/tmp/a_buffers-b5f230.o -unbundle
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/llvm-link" /tmp/a_buffers-b5f230.o -o /tmp/a_buffers-239549.bc --suppress-warnings
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/sycl-post-link" -ir-output-only -spec-const=default -o /tmp/a_buffers-57ac22.bc /tmp/a_buffers-239549.bc
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/llvm-spirv" -o /tmp/a_buffers-cdd4ec.spv -spirv-max-version=1.1 -spirv-ext=+all /tmp/a_buffers-57ac22.bc
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/clang-offload-bundler" -type=o -targets=sycl-fpga_dep -inputs=a_buffers.o -outputs=/tmp/a_buffers-6ce143.d -unbundle
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/lib/oclfpga/bin/aoc" -o /tmp/a_buffers-0f8f1c.aocx /tmp/a_buffers-cdd4ec.spv -sycl -dep-files=/tmp/a_buffers-6ce143.d -output-report-folder=simple-add-buffers.prj -hardware -board=de10_standard_sharedonly
aoc: Use Quartus Prime Standard Edition for non-A10/S10/C10GX devices. Current Quartus Version is: 
Quartus Prime Shell
Version 19.4.0 Build 64 12/04/2019 SC Pro Edition
Copyright (C) 2019  Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
clang++: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [Makefile.fpga:33: simple-add-buffers.fpga] Error 1

Ok. So now, how can I use Quartus Standard Edition ?

0 Kudos
antarde_intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Penteado__Mauricio

Hi Antard, thanks for your atention.

I got a new error:

~/eclipse-workspace/Simple_Add$ make hw -f Makefile.fpga
dpcpp -O2 -g -std=c++17 -fintelfpga -c src/simple-add-buffers.cpp -o a_buffers.o -DFPGA=1
dpcpp -O2 -g -std=c++17 -v -fintelfpga a_buffers.o -o simple-add-buffers.fpga -Xshardware
Intel(R) oneAPI DPC++ Compiler 2021.1-beta06 (2020.4.0.0415)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/latest/linux/bin
Found candidate GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9
Selected GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/9
Candidate multilib: .;@m64
Selected multilib: .;@m64
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/clang-offload-bundler" -type=o -targets=host-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,sycl-spir64_fpga-unknown-unknown-sycldevice -inputs=a_buffers.o -outputs=/tmp/a_buffers-75720e.o,/tmp/a_buffers-20abff.o -unbundle
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/llvm-link" /tmp/a_buffers-20abff.o -o /tmp/a_buffers-096a67.bc --suppress-warnings
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/sycl-post-link" -ir-output-only -spec-const=default -o /tmp/a_buffers-1abf7b.bc /tmp/a_buffers-096a67.bc
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/llvm-spirv" -o /tmp/a_buffers-e3487d.spv -spirv-max-version=1.1 -spirv-ext=+all /tmp/a_buffers-1abf7b.bc
 "/opt/intel/inteloneapi/compiler/2021.1-beta06/linux/bin/clang-offload-bundler" -type=o -targets=sycl-fpga_dep -inputs=a_buffers.o -outputs=/tmp/a_buffers-3f2a12.d -unbundle
 "/home/mpenteado/intelFPGA/19.1/hld/bin/aoc" -o /tmp/a_buffers-8323e1.aocx /tmp/a_buffers-e3487d.spv -sycl -dep-files=/tmp/a_buffers-3f2a12.d -output-report-folder=simple-add-buffers.prj -hardware
Error: No recognized input file format on the command line
clang++: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [Makefile.fpga:33: simple-add-buffers.fpga] Error 1

It seems the "aoc" command that comes with Quartus Standard is not ready to recognize dpcpp parameters.

Can you help me with that?

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Can you please share the make file and your source code directory structure , if the problem is still persisting.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos