Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
653 Discussions

Unable to run on FPGA hardware (Error enumerating AFCs: not found)

JasperW99
Beginner

I've tried to follow numerous DPC++ tutorials to run code on the FPGA hardware, but everytime it seems to fail. I have seen other posts on this forum regarding the same issue, but there doesn't seem to be a solution for it yet. Are the tutorials/documentation outdated or am I doing something structurally wrong? Here's an example of the output I get after trying to run on an fpga_runtime:arria10 node when explicitly compiling for this acceleration card:

Error enumerating AFCs: not found
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/868910.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud.SC: line 4: 20874 Segmentation fault      ./fpga_hardware
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 6: /etc/kill-illegit-procs.cfg: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: /dev/shm/kip-procs-1621517224.tmp: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: /dev/shm/kip-procs-1621517284.tmp: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: /dev/shm/kip-procs-1621517344.tmp: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: /dev/shm/kip-procs-1621517404.tmp: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 108: /dev/shm/kip-procs-1621517464.tmp: No such file or directory

Especially the "Error enumerating AFCs: not found" is an error that seem to come back everytime. It seems that it doesn't matter what source file or template makefile I use, I always get the same error. I hope someone can help/fix this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Could you check the document here mentioned your possible issue:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/jan1522185564595.html#fux1522358651005

If you are unable to build and execute the simulator, it is likely that you did not install your RTL simulation tool properly.

When you try to build and run the software, if you see an "Error enumerating AFCs" message, you omitted setting USE_ASE=1 on the make command line. The software is searching for a physical FPGA device. To recover, repeat the steps from the make clean command.

You may need to repeat the steps from the make clean command:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/jan1522185564595.html#rep1522358227666

0 Kudos