Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

difference in performing FPGA emulation

student1
Beginner

Hi,

May I know what is the difference in performing FPGA emulation using 1) FPGA emulator

2) specifying FPGA                                                                                                                                                         hardware

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DDIAKITE
New Contributor I

Hello, 

The first one allows you to verify your design's functionality and correctness without performing the full hardware synthesis. The emulation uses your CPU to emulate the FPGA behavior, which is performed without the FPGA device.

The second option is needed to synthesize your design and run on an actual FPGA device. The design full compilation may take several hours.

I hope this answers your question!

Best Regards

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @student1,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
Would like to follow up if there is any further clarification in this regards.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @student1,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are resolved. Hence thread will no longer monitor this thread. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos