Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

oneAPI FPGA hardware error

JInxuanBen
Beginner

When I tried to run oneAPI samples on devcloud, it shows error below, but I can run them before. I didn't make any changes.

quartus_sh: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: The patches required to compile for the target board (0.05dcp) is not installed for the following Quartus:
/glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/2021.3/inteloneapi/intelfpgadpcpp/2021.3.0/QuartusPrimePro/19.2/quartus/bin/quartus_sh

dpcpp: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [Makefile.fpga:30: vector-add-buffers.fpga] Error 1

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JInxuanBen,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
We do receive some feedback that the hardware might be having issues, allow me to check this with the platform team.

Mind if I asked in which node in devcloud that you are having this issues?
And also the which command/compile steps that the error are failing at?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
JInxuanBen
Beginner

Everytime I try "qsub -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:arria10:ppn=2 -d . run_fpga_hw.sh" or make hardware

the error below will show.

quartus_sh: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: The patches required to compile for the target board (0.05dcp) is not installed for the following Quartus:
/glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/2021.3/inteloneapi/intelfpgadpcpp/2021.3.0/QuartusPrimePro/19.2/quartus/bin/quartus_sh

dpcpp: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

0 Kudos
JInxuanBen
Beginner

And I tried to find the file 'libncurses.so.5'. This file doesn't exist. I only found 'libncurses.so.6'.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JInxuanBen,

Possible to share what are the nodes that you run to command on so that I can get the platform team to check on it?
Node# can be found when you are connected as below:

Untitled.png

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JInxuanBen,

A response from the our platform team those broken dependencies are being reposition.
Hence while checking on the nodes, please do try to rebuild the design.

And if issues persist, it would be a great help if you are able to provide the node# and also the run_fpga_hw.sh.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
JInxuanBen
Beginner

The nodes are "u80211@s001-n018".

The issuse still persist.

It's a sample in github,vecter-add. I don't change any code.

build_fpga_hw.sh

#!/bin/bash
source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh
make hw -f Makefile.fpga

run_fpga_hw.sh

#!/bin/bash
source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh
make run_hw -f Makefile.fpga

0 Kudos
JInxuanBen
Beginner

build_fpga_hw_sh.sh.e952850

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JInxuanBen,

It seems that the mention nodes are not part of the standard devcloud nodes.
And sometime running the qsub batch job command on the headnodes might cause some issues where command are executed in the non supported nodes.

Hence would suggest to use the 'devcloud_login' command and select the desire nodes followed by running the design example.
Hope that helps.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JInxuanBen,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.
Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @JInxuanBen,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. Hence thread will no longer monitor this thread. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
kkvasan
Beginner

Hi @JInxuanBen 

i am getting exact same error. were you able to fix this? 

Many thanks
Vasan

0 Kudos