Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
674 Discussions

quartus compilation error for `include "sr_def_param.vh"

Avinash201040
Beginner

hiii,

i have quartus project in which i have qsys_top.qsys. In qsys_top.qsys , i have instantiated a custom ip , radio_config.ip. the radio_config.ip is created using a rtl file radio_config.v

i have sr_def_param.vh file where i have defined all my compiler directives.

when i am including this sr_def_param.vh in radio_config.v using `include "sr_def_param" and placing the sr_def_param.vh file in the same directory of where radio_config.v is placed, i am getting quartus compilation error. "radio_config could not open sr_def_param". but when i am opening radio_config.ip and then doing analyze hdl file , there is no error.

similarly, if i place the sr_def_param.vh file in quartus project location and then i use `include "sr_def_param" , then there is no quartus compilation error but  when i am opening radio_config.ip and then doing analyze hdl file , there is errror "radio_config could not open sr_def_param".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

It could be due to the Quartus tool and the Platform Designer tool are searching the files differently.

You can try to use the SEARCH_PATH assignment to define the project libraries (add these to the .QSF file). You can have multiple SEARCH_PATH assignments. However, you can specify only one source directory for each SEARCH_PATH assignment.

Example:

set_global_assignment -name SEARCH_PATH "../other_dir/library1"

set_global_assignment -name SEARCH_PATH "../other_dir/library2"

set_global_assignment -name SEARCH_PATH "../other_dir/library3"

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos