Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.
1094 Discussions

Executed instruction not valid for specified chip (PENTIUM4)

JWong19
Beginner
I encounter the following error message with the latest version (7.39-win) of Intel SDE, when I attempt the "-p4" switch. What is the preferred way of using the "-p4" switch?

TID 0 SDE-ERROR: Executed instruction not valid for specified chip (PENTIUM4): 0x7ffbaa344fa2: syscall
Image: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+0xa4fa2
Function: ZwSetEvent
Instruction bytes are: 0f 05

The message shows up before the first line of my simple console program. I am on Windows 10 Home and Visual Studio 2015 community edition.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MarkC_Intel

Try "-chip-check-exe-only" (no quotes).  When simulating older processors you will encounter "newer" instructions in thing that are out of your compilation control (system runtime libraries, etc.) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkC_Intel

Try "-chip-check-exe-only" (no quotes).  When simulating older processors you will encounter "newer" instructions in thing that are out of your compilation control (system runtime libraries, etc.) 

0 Kudos
JWong19
Beginner

Mark Charney (Intel) wrote:

Thanks, it works! However, the program unexpectedly exits at a MOVSXD instruction in x64 build......

48 63 40 04  movsxd rax, dword ptr [rax+0x4]

0 Kudos