Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

Latest ASM compiler other than Intel C and C++ Compilers

Uday_Krishna__G_

Hi,

Am trying to code my application in Assembly to run on x86. Please suggest me the suitable compiler which will support all SSE4.2 Assembly instructions(other than Intel Compiler). If any links which help in execution and procedure will be helpful. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

If you are developing on Win platform you can use MASM32.Please bear in mind that default assembler ml.exe is outdated so you need to copy from VS directory a newer version of that compiler.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

If you are developing on Win platform you can use MASM32.Please bear in mind that default assembler ml.exe is outdated so you need to copy from VS directory a newer version of that compiler.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@Uday

Masm forum linkhttp://www.masm32.com/board/index.php

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Am trying to code my application in Assembly to run on x86. Please suggest me the suitable compiler which will support all SSE4.2... Please also consider GCC ( versions from 3.4.2 up to a latest one 4.8.2 ). However, you didn't specify what assembler-style you're using, that is, Microsoft-Intel-like or AT&T-like ( used by GCC ). In case of GCC your codes will be portable on all platforms where GCC is ported.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

if you would use sse intrinsics you would have more options including visual studio and, if you were willing to use intel, automatic translation to avx128.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@Uday

You can also try NASM or YASM assemblers.

0 Kudos
bronxzv
New Contributor II

Tim Prince wrote:
if you would use sse intrinsics you would have more options including visual studio and, if you were willing to use intel, automatic translation to avx128.

and AVX2 FMA from a simple recompilation of code with _mm_mul_ps / _mm_add_ps intrinsics

0 Kudos