Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

SDE article vs download

Beulich__Jan
Beginner

Hello,

I've just noticed that the article was updated on the 7th to refer to version 8.33. The download page, however, still only shows the one year old 8.16 as the newest version. Could you clarify when the new version will become accessible?

As an aside - despite having subscribed to the article page to be notified about updates, I've not been notified.

Regards, Jan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdyT_Intel

The Intel SDE main page was published prematurely. Now the download page is updated with the latest kits.

0 Kudos
Beulich__Jan
Beginner

Thanks! And for the record, I can confirm the previously reported issue with 64-bit vpcmpestri emulation looks to be gone.

0 Kudos
Beulich__Jan
Beginner

Hmm, but another question then: The article says "This version corresponds to the programmers reference 319433-035 available on the Intel Instruction Set Architecture Extensions page." This made me believe (hope) that MOVDIRI and MOVDIR64B support would have been added, but according to CPUID output even with -future neither of the two are supported. Could you clarify the situation, please?

0 Kudos
AdyT_Intel

The MOVDIR* instructions are supported with the Tremont CPU knob (i.e. -tnt).

0 Kudos