Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

64 bit C# wrapper for ipp 6.1

Alok_J_
Beginner

I am still using ipp 6.1 wrapped in C# library ipp_cs. I don't have the need to update the version as of now. At present I am using 32 bit version of C# wrapper. I need to migrate to 64bit version of this library. I couldn't this on the products page. Could someone please advise where can I download the 64bit version C# wrapper for ipp?

Also for experienced developers, will it be time saving just to upgrade to latest ipp version and write a C# wrapper myself? I read on the forums that starting version 8.0, intel doesn't provide C# wrapper but we need to write our own. This I suppose is done because the new wrappers are simpler to develop?

Regards,

Alok

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Alok,

As far as I see from C# wrapper code, the difference between 32 and 64-bit wrappers is just

#if( x64 )
   internal const string libname = "ippccem64t-6.1.dll";
#else
   internal const string libname = "ippcc-6.1.dll";
#endif

In other words, there were no 64-bit specific wrappers at time of IPP 6.1. If you have IPP 6.1 "language-interface sample", you have everything you need to build C# DLL to invoke IPP DLLs. The "build32.bat" and "buildem64t.bat" can be called to build C# wrapper DLLs and sample applications. There are still some IPP sample packages with language-interface example in the web like http://registrationcenter.intel.com/irc_nas/2856/w_ipp-samples_p_7.1.1.013.zip

There is no problem in creating custom C# wrapper for specific set of functions, which you use in your application. The application usually uses not so many IPP functions and it's easier to maintain up-to-date state of customized C# wrappers, than to keep wrappers to ALL IPP functions.

Regarding providing C# wrappers again, there are some dim plans to renovate this feature. May be not in the form of wrapping of basic IPP primitive functions into C# or Java, but by providing more high-level interface to signal/image processing operations. You know...object Vector or Image...constructor/desctructor...processing functions...and so on)). But it's too early to speak about this.

0 Kudos