Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Any information available about libipp_z.so?

Jeffrey_A_Intel
Employee
Is there documentation oranexample program whichdemonstrates the use of $(IPPROOT)/interfaces/data-compression/ipp_zlib/bin//libipp_z.so? In particular, since it appears to be linked differently than a "normal" shared object (ldd says it's "linked statically"), it doesn't contain references to anyof theshared objectswhich it requires.

I'd like to understand how to adapt an existing application which currently uses libz.so to use libipp_z.so.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

"libipp_z.so" was built with statically linkage, so that all of IPP references (functions) are statically linked into the libipp_z.so.

so, if you link with libipp_z.so, you can just need to link with the library, and replace libz.so, it does not need to link with IPP libraries anymore.

If you choose to link with "libipp_z.a", you need both link with ""libipp_z.a", and related IPP data compress libraries.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_A_Intel
Employee
I understand. You also need to link with an OpenMP library, such as libiomp5.so, as well when you use libipp_z.so, don't you?

Do you know if there's a complete example somewhere which uses libipp_z.so?
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

It is right. It needs to link with OpenMP library.

there is a minigzip application, which can shows to use the ipp_zlib library:

interfaces/data-compression/ipp_zlib/src/minigzip.c

I just run the following linkage, and it can work:

>gcc -I /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.3.174/ipp/include/ -c minigzip.c

>g++ -o minigzip minigzip.o -lipp_z -L /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.3.174/compiler/lib/intel64/ -liomp5 -L/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.3.174/ipp/lib/intel64/ -lipps -lippdc -lippcore -lpthread

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_A_Intel
Employee
Thanks for your help, Chao.
0 Kudos