Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

Are function ippgDFTFwd_RTo... may use by static linking only?

Aleksandr_Murashko
Hello!
Sorry, my english poor.
How I am understand, function, that compute DFT of the fixed length may be use only for one specific processor by static linking libraries ? If it right - IMHO this information need add to ipp documentation. It isn't obvious.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
...function, that compute DFT of the fixed length may be use only for one specific processor by static linking libraries ?

Hi Aleksandr,

Did you have any problems with dynamic or static linking of IPP's DFTfunctions? Please provide more
technical details.

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
Aleksandr_Murashko

Yes, I try use function
IppStatus ippgDFTFwd_RToPack_8_32f(const Ipp32f* pSrc, Ipp32f* pDst, int flag)
of IPP by shared DDL, but only procossor-specific include-files has declare of this function: ipp_g9.h, ipp_p8.h, ipp_s8.h, ipp_v8.h, ipp_w7.h for ia32 platform locate at %IPP_ROOT%\\tools\\ia32\\staticlib directory. readme.htm file in this directory say - that includes is use for creating single-processor executables.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Is that information enough for you?There are number of KB articles describing dispatching in IPP, among them for example:Generic Static Library Dispatching with the Intel IPP 7.0 Library or http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/generic-library-dispatching-with-the-ipp-70-library/

0 Kudos