Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
6594 Discussions

Are function ippgDFTFwd_RTo... may use by static linking only?

Aleksandr_Murashko
Hello!
Sorry, my english poor.
How I am understand, function, that compute DFT of the fixed length may be use only for one specific processor by static linking libraries ? If it right - IMHO this information need add to ipp documentation. It isn't obvious.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
...function, that compute DFT of the fixed length may be use only for one specific processor by static linking libraries ?

Hi Aleksandr,

Did you have any problems with dynamic or static linking of IPP's DFTfunctions? Please provide more
technical details.

Best regards,
Sergey

Aleksandr_Murashko

Yes, I try use function
IppStatus ippgDFTFwd_RToPack_8_32f(const Ipp32f* pSrc, Ipp32f* pDst, int flag)
of IPP by shared DDL, but only procossor-specific include-files has declare of this function: ipp_g9.h, ipp_p8.h, ipp_s8.h, ipp_v8.h, ipp_w7.h for ia32 platform locate at %IPP_ROOT%\\tools\\ia32\\staticlib directory. readme.htm file in this directory say - that includes is use for creating single-processor executables.
Thank you.
Gennady_F_Intel

Is that information enough for you?There are number of KB articles describing dispatching in IPP, among them for example:Generic Static Library Dispatching with the Intel IPP 7.0 Library or http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/generic-library-dispatching-with-the-ipp-70-library/