Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

At which version is the bug in ippiLUTPalette_8u_C1R fixed?

Nikolai_Tasev
Novice

I encountered a bug in the ippiLUTPalette_8u_C1R using version 2018.3

After making some tests it seems it is using the srcStep both for the source and destination.

I saw that this issue is already reported in 2018 and would be fixed in further versions.

But I cannot find in the changelog any mention of this fix. Any one knows in which version it was applied?

I cannot seem to make the latest version 2021.6 to run (posted in another thread) so I am looking for the minimal version that will fix this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nikolai_Tasev
Novice

I tested the versions from 2018.3 on. The issue is fixed in 2019.3

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please provide us a sample reproducer, and steps to reproduce it so that it would help us to investigate more on your issue?

Also please let us know what is the exact issue(errors/incorrect results) that you are facing with expected results. 

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
Nikolai_Tasev
Novice

Hello,

As I said this issue was already discussed in this forum https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Integrated-Performance/Bug-report-ippiLUTPalette-8u-C1R/m-p/1177230#M27075 

Here is the relevant quote from this conversation that the issue is located and will be fixed:

>>>>

Employee

Hi Alparslan Y.

I confirm your issue. Actually function uses the same srcStep for both source and destination images. We'll fix this issue in next release. Also function has optimization for nBitSize<=4. We consider if it is possible to add optimization for others bit size in next IPP releases.

>>>>

What is not mentioned in the change log is the version in which this was fixed.

Regards

Nikolai

0 Kudos
Nikolai_Tasev
Novice

I tested the versions from 2018.3 on. The issue is fixed in 2019.3

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved and thank you for sharing the solution.

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan

0 Kudos