Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Atom support in Windows vs. Linux

kevino
Beginner

I just got the IPP 6.0 announcement and I'm downloading it, but I'm confused. Why does linux have a separate version of IPP for the Atom CPU and Windows does not?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kevino
Beginner
Quoting - kevino@inin.com

I just got the IPP 6.0 announcement and I'm downloading it, but I'm confused. Why does linux have a separate version of IPP for the Atom CPU and Windows does not?

Can someone from Intel please answer? Is Atom support included in Windows IPP? If so, which target version (IA-32 IA-64 etc) has Atom support and why is there a specific Atom version IPP in the IPP for Linux, but now in IPP for Windows?

0 Kudos
Ying_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting - kevino@inin.com

Can someone from Intel please answer? Is Atom support included in Windows IPP? If so, which target version (IA-32 IA-64 etc) has Atom support and why is there a specific Atom version IPP in the IPP for Linux, but now in IPP for Windows?

In the Intel IPP 6.0, both Windows and Linux support Atom processor. Check this new knowledge base at: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/new-atom-support, yes, as you noticed, the package is different from Windows and Linux install, due to the package we also offer for MID toolkit for Linux.

So do you have any concern for these Atome optimized libraries packaged differently in Windows and Linux?

Do you have any issues from IPP 6.0 evaluation for Atom processor?

Thanks,
Ying S
Intel IPP Suppport

0 Kudos