Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Building completely static IPP Sample binaries

BRIAN_F_Intel1
Employee

Hi, 

I'm trying to build the usc_speech_codec binary as a completely static binary. Currently, with the build.pl script, if you pass in "s" for static, it builds it but it is only partially static. It still requires some shared libraries to run. I have been trying to edit the makefiles, particularly "FindGlobals.cmake", adding "-static" to the C_FLAGS variables to try and build it. The problem is that when I try to build,  build.pl errors out saying that 

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s

Has anyone had this error before?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BRIAN_F_Intel1
Employee
FIXED. Just an update on this one. To solve this issue, I built the speech-codecs with build.pl --cmake=speech-codecs, ia32, make, s, st, debug Once this was done I went into the link.txt inside the speech_codec directory that was generated inside speech-codecs.ia32.make.s.st.debug. In here I added in "-static" and removed "-lgcc_s". I then ran "make usc_speech_codec" from the main makefile in the speech-codecs.ia32.make.s.st.debug folder, and it worked. The binary is now completely static.
0 Kudos