Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

C# DllImport and IPP 6.0

onepieceking
Beginner
Hi,

I am using IPP 6.0.0.062 and Visual C++ 2008 Express to create my own DLL containing some IPP functions. I have no problem building the DLL.

Next, I am using Visual C# 2008 Express to create a window application that will do a DllImport of my "IPP" DLL. I am experiencing problems as there is always a DllNotFoundException.

However, if I were to using IPP 5.1 and Visual C++ 2008 Express to create the DLL, the DllNotFoundException will be gone and my "IPP" functions all working fine.

What could be the problem? I want to use IPP 6.0.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
elhefe38
Beginner
Quoting - onepieceking
Hi,

I am using IPP 6.0.0.062 and Visual C++ 2008 Express to create my own DLL containing some IPP functions. I have no problem building the DLL.

Next, I am using Visual C# 2008 Express to create a window application that will do a DllImport of my "IPP" DLL. I am experiencing problems as there is always a DllNotFoundException.

However, if I were to using IPP 5.1 and Visual C++ 2008 Express to create the DLL, the DllNotFoundException will be gone and my "IPP" functions all working fine.

What could be the problem? I want to use IPP 6.0.

Depends is your friend ! :)
Most probably some dlls cannot be found at runtime...

regards
0 Kudos
onepieceking
Beginner
shouldn't IPP 5.1 and 6.0 work similarly? If IPP 5.1 works in that way, I don't see why IPP 6.0 cannot work in the same way
0 Kudos
elhefe38
Beginner
Quoting - onepieceking
shouldn't IPP 5.1 and 6.0 work similarly? If IPP 5.1 works in that way, I don't see why IPP 6.0 cannot work in the same way

Well, yes. They *should* work in similar ways. However they seem to behave differently so I guess you need to dig deeper... :)

regards

EDIT: one other possible cause of this error message is when you try to load a 32 bit dll into a 64 bit app... are you in such a case ? (in which case the fix would be obviously to install the emt64 version of IPP)
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

I also wouldrefer to IPP custom DLL sample which do exactly this job - build custom DLL with several IPP functions and application which load this DLL and call functions from it.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos