Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

CPU Properties Problem

adem_metin_cali
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a i7-Q720 cpu.But when i run the code that is in attachment and i find it in the Intel Ipp7.1 users guide,i see wrong informations.According to the code's output,my cpu does not support SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3,SSE41 and SSE42.But according to the intel web page(http://ark.intel.com/products/43122/Intel-Core-i7-720QM-Processor-6M-Cache-1_60-GHz), i have SSE42 instruction set.I use visual studio 12 and ipp7.1.1(r37466).What is the reason of this situation???

Adem Metin CALI

0 Kudos
23 Replies
adem_metin_cali
Beginner

Hi Sergey,

Thanks your reply.Can you give me more detail about your coding standards?? is it your coding habits or is it documented ???

Adem Metin CALI

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
In overall, I follow ( and convince everybody to follow ) a Hungarian notation created by Microsoft software developers many years ago ( ~20+ ).
0 Kudos
adem_metin_cali
Beginner

Actually i use Bjarne Stroustrups C++ Style and Technique FAQ to build my develop and he does not suggest Hungarian Notation so i didn't examine Hungarian Notation.Thanks your reply and interest.

Adem Metin CALI

0 Kudos