Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Can IPP image processing do this?

dlflannery
Beginner

I have a legacy application written in Borland Builder C++ V. 5.5 that uses the intel IPL library functions (about 35 of them). I want to port the app to VS2005 C# (.NET) and I'm wondering if it is possible using IPP and how difficult it would be.

Here is the list of IPL functions I need:

iplAllocateImageFP
iplCloneImage
iplDeallocate
iplCopy
iplConvert
iplCreateROI

iplFixedFilter
iplNorm
iplDecimateBlur
iplAdd
iplAddS
iplSubtractS
iplSubtract
iplSetBorderMode
iplMedianFilter
iplErode
iplClose
iplDilate
iplBitonalToGray
iplThreshold
iplScale
iplGreater
iplBitonalToGray
iplMaxFilter
iplMinFilter
iplSet
iplMultiplySScale
iplRShiftS
iplLShiftS
iplXor
iplScaleFP
iplRemap
iplAnd
iplOr
iplNot
iplGetPixel
iplPutPixel

I've downloaded sample file w_ipp-samples_p_5.3.083.zip and looked at the C# .net documentation and the ippi.cs file. However it isn't clear to me how many of the functions on my list are available. I searched the ippi.cs file for fragments oftheir names. Some are there but I can't find anything searching for some, for examplethe following:

SetBorder (or BorderMode)
FixedFilter

Does IPP have functions that map closely to all the ones listed above? Would I have to add them to my own version of the ippi.cs file?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

you probably noticed that old Intel Image Processing Library (IPL) and new Intel Integrated Performance Primitives are different products. The development of IPL was stooped several years ago, it is not available through Intel anymore. Instead, we developed new product, IPP, which provides flexible, low level API (like building blocks), based on that it is possible to build IPL inteface on top.

You can find in sample package implementation of IPL over IPP, please see image-processingipl-ipp sample, available in source code.

We do not provide C# interface to that, so you need to write C# wrappers by yourself. The IPP C# sample you already find in package may help you to find a way how to write those wrappers.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Selvaraj__Renuka
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

We are facing similar issue. But I couldn't find the image-processingipl-ipp sample. Can you please kindly let me know the exact path where I can find this package. It would be of great help.

Thanks,

Renuka S

0 Kudos
Ruqiu_C_Intel

Hi,

You can get the IPP manual example through the link below:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/download/ipp-manual-examples

After install IPP, Intel IPP package also includes code examples, located in the components_and_examples_<os>_<target>.zip archive at the <ipp directory>/components/ subdirectory. You can also access the archive using the symbolic link located at <ipp directory>/examples/.

For more information, please check our IPP developer guide and developer reference.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/ipp-dev-guide

https://software.intel.com/en-us/ipp-dev-reference

Best Regards,

Ruqiu

0 Kudos