Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Codecs for GSM and G729 memory

harald85
Beginner
Hi
I am using the GSM and the G729 Codec from the IPP in Kernelmode and it works fine but now i want to optimize my driver and see the following think. I initialize the codecs in following order:

1) GSM for decode
2) GSM for encode
3) G729 for decode
4) G729 for encode

For every Codec i need 72 Bytes for the CodecInfo which is ok but then i need two more memorys for the Codec whith following sizes:

1) GSM for decode 20Byte and 712Byte
2) GSM for encode 20Byte and 1720Byte
3) G729 for decode 20Byte and 2312Byte
4) G729 for encode 20Byte and 3548Byte

So my question is if it is normal that the encode and decode need different Memorysize or if I have an mistake in my Code?!

THANKS

Harald
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vyacheslav_Baranniko
New Contributor II
Quoting - harald85
Hi
I am using the GSM and the G729 Codec from the IPP in Kernelmode and it works fine but now i want to optimize my driver and see the following think. I initialize the codecs in following order:

1) GSM for decode
2) GSM for encode
3) G729 for decode
4) G729 for encode

For every Codec i need 72 Bytes for the CodecInfo which is ok but then i need two more memorys for the Codec whith following sizes:

1) GSM for decode 20Byte and 712Byte
2) GSM for encode 20Byte and 1720Byte
3) G729 for decode 20Byte and 2312Byte
4) G729 for encode 20Byte and 3548Byte

So my question is if it is normal that the encode and decode need different Memorysize or if I have an mistake in my Code?!

THANKS

Harald

Hi Harald,and thank you for using IPP speech codecs.
Normally,the encoder is more complex andmore memory demanding than the decoder, its counterpart. So, there is no mistake in you code in this regard.
Vyacheslav, IPP.
0 Kudos