Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Compiling 64bit (EM64T) applications

bendeguy
Beginner

Hi!

Can I compile an application to an EM64T-Based Platform with Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition? I can choose x64 in the compiler but the IPP System Requirements contains the following:

64-bit Intel EM64T-Based Platforms
(Intel Core 2 Processor Family, Intel Pentium D Processors, Intel Xeon Processors, and other Intel EM64T-compatible Processors)

OS Version Supported Compilers
Microsoft Windows* Windows* XP 64-bit Edition Intel C++ Compiler 9.0 for Windows

Windows Server* 2003 with Service Pack 1 SDK
Linux* Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 3

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server* 9

Linux system with glibc 2.2.4, 2.2.5, 2.2.93, 2.3.2 or 2.3.3, and the 2.4.X or 2.6.X Linux kernel
Intel C++ Compiler 8.1 for Linux, for processors with Intel EM64T

Intel C++ Compiler 9.0 for Linux

Linux Developer Tools component installed, including GCC, g++, and related tools

I want to compile a 64bit application on a 32bit computer(Windows XP SP2) and run the software on a Windows XP 64bit edition. Is it possible?

Is that enough if I always change the IPPROOT system variable(ia32 or em64t directory)if I want to compile both 32bit and 64bit application?

Thanks in advance,

Bendeguy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Yes, VS2005 supports cross compilation between XP64 and XP32. You must set the X64 flag in your VS options so as to generate 64-bit code which is link compatible with 64-bit IPP library.
0 Kudos
bendeguy
Beginner

Hi Tim!

Thanks for your answer. I succesfully compiled my application.

Greetings,

Bendeguy

0 Kudos