Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Concatenating matrices

stansy
Beginner

How to concatenate matrices with Intel IPP? Are there any functions that perform it like in OpenCV  hconcat and vconcat?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

IPP does not include such function.   For concatenating matrices, will this be one-time overhead for the application, or is it the performance critical part for the computer vision application?  IPP now provides the optimized code for the performance critical OpenCV functions.   It may help to understand if this function need to be added for future IPP function. 

Thanks,
Chao

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

IPP does not include such function.   For concatenating matrices, will this be one-time overhead for the application, or is it the performance critical part for the computer vision application?  IPP now provides the optimized code for the performance critical OpenCV functions.   It may help to understand if this function need to be added for future IPP function. 

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
stansy
Beginner

Many thanks for your comprehensive answer. I think there is no need to add such simple functions. I used ippiCopyConstBorder function. I am trying to write a program for the Intel MIC architecture so I do not use OpenCV.
I agree with your opinion but why Intel IPP 9.0 does not support encoding and decoding JPEG?

Thanks,
Stan

0 Kudos