Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

DCT4 related functions in ippSP module are removed already?

Chen_L_
Beginner

Hi,

Recently, I'm investigating the DCT4 module in IPP. The manual says all of the DCT4 functions are deprecated. I believe they should be available by linking IPP library until they are dropped in the future release.

But it seems that the linker cannot find the DCT4 functions in IPP. It says following on my mac, by clang:

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_ippgDCT4_32f", referenced from:
      _DLB_fft_open in ffttest.dlb_dsplib_fft_test_osx_amd64_clang_ipp_float_interleaved_release.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

My IPP version is:

#define IPP_VERSION_MAJOR 7
#define IPP_VERSION_MINOR 0
#define IPP_VERSION_BUILD 205

#define IPP_VERSION_STR "7.0"

I've also searched in ipps.h. I cannot find any prototype declaration of DCT4 function.

My question is, have they been removed already?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pavel_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Chen,

ippgDCT4_32f functions is in ippGEN domain. This domain is delivered as separate package in IPP 7.0. Please install it.

ippgDCT4_32f - the function is declared in ippgen.h

Pavel

0 Kudos
Chen_L_
Beginner

OK. Will have a try. Thanks for your hints.

Pavel Berdnikov wrote:

Hi Chen,

ippgDCT4_32f functions is in ippGEN domain. This domain is delivered as separate package in IPP 7.0. Please install it.

ippgDCT4_32f - the function is declared in ippgen.h

Pavel

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Chen,

The function should be in IPP gen library, which is downloaded seperatedly. Could you please go to Registratin center to see if it is there under your mac product.  I just did quick search and saw windows version in  https://registrationcenter.intel.com/regcenter/Download.aspx?productid=1825 .

Best Regards,

Ying

0 Kudos
Chen_L_
Beginner

Hi Ying,

Thanks for your information. Recently, we are going to use IPP's DCT4 functions to get better performace for our product, I saw that both in the manual and on this page http://software.intel.com/en-us/node/449356 say that the DCT4 and ippg domain are going to be deprecated and we should "avoid starting any new projects with these domains". Is there any equivalent DCT4 API provided in modern IPP library?

Thanks.

Ying H (Intel) wrote:

Hi Chen,

The function should be in IPP gen library, which is downloaded seperatedly. Could you please go to Registratin center to see if it is there under your mac product.  I just did quick search and saw windows version in  https://registrationcenter.intel.com/regcenter/Download.aspx?productid=1825 .

Best Regards,

Ying

0 Kudos
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

hi Chen,

instead of DCT4 from Gen domain please use general DCT API from ipps domain - it has length as a parameter.

regards, Igor

0 Kudos