Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Directsound rendered

jacobh
Beginner

What do I need to use the Directsound rendered ? I'm running IPP 5.3.4.087 in combination with VS2008 and the directx sdk of aug 2008. However can't find the dplay.h and dsound.h files on my system ?

It seems to me that dplay en dsound not part are of the directx sdk. Is this render not the best to use ?
Currently I use the Winmm renderer but when I look at the code the directsound renderer is more mature.

Best regards,

Jacob Hooysma

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jacobh
Beginner

What do I need to use the Directsound rendered ? I'm running IPP 5.3.4.087 in combination with VS2008 and the directx sdk of aug 2008. However can't find the dplay.h and dsound.h files on my system ?

It seems to me that dplay en dsound not part are of the directx sdk. Is this render not the best to use ?
Currently I use the Winmm renderer but when I look at the code the directsound renderer is more mature.

Best regards,

Jacob Hooysma

Solved by using the Beta 6 version. This version doesn't include "old" directx files anymore

Jacob

franknatoli
New Contributor I

Solved by using the Beta 6 version. This version doesn't include "old" directx files anymore

Jacob

How old is "old"? Since 2006, Microsoft moved many DirectX files and libraries to the Platform SDK.