Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Directsound rendered

jacobh
Beginner

What do I need to use the Directsound rendered ? I'm running IPP 5.3.4.087 in combination with VS2008 and the directx sdk of aug 2008. However can't find the dplay.h and dsound.h files on my system ?

It seems to me that dplay en dsound not part are of the directx sdk. Is this render not the best to use ?
Currently I use the Winmm renderer but when I look at the code the directsound renderer is more mature.

Best regards,

Jacob Hooysma

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jacobh
Beginner

What do I need to use the Directsound rendered ? I'm running IPP 5.3.4.087 in combination with VS2008 and the directx sdk of aug 2008. However can't find the dplay.h and dsound.h files on my system ?

It seems to me that dplay en dsound not part are of the directx sdk. Is this render not the best to use ?
Currently I use the Winmm renderer but when I look at the code the directsound renderer is more mature.

Best regards,

Jacob Hooysma

Solved by using the Beta 6 version. This version doesn't include "old" directx files anymore

Jacob

0 Kudos
franknatoli
New Contributor I

Solved by using the Beta 6 version. This version doesn't include "old" directx files anymore

Jacob

How old is "old"? Since 2006, Microsoft moved many DirectX files and libraries to the Platform SDK.

0 Kudos