Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Distinguishing different video object

lawbreaker
Beginner
Hi,
I've got the mpeg4 encoder sample and working with it. Now, I am trying to seperate different video object for processing. How can I got the one I want? Is there any parameter of the VOP that indicate this?
Regards.
Ron
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi,
what do you mean? Could you explain what you are trying to do in more details?
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
lawbreaker
Beginner
Hi,
As I know, in a mpeg4 video sequence, it is seperated into certain different video object. Now, I want to process them separately, so I need to distinguish the object from each others as implementing the mpeg4 encoder sample. I also wanna know if there is any parameter that have already been defined in the source code.
Regards,
Ron
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes, MPEG-4 video sequence consists of set of video objects. But mp4encode sample deals with only single video object - Video Object Layer and does not support other video objects.

Do you want to work with synthetic video?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
lawbreaker
Beginner
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I think what I am doing is not synthetic video. I am trying to encode different video object in different encoding rate, so that the background video object would get a lower quality.
If the encoder sample doesn't deal with this, does IPP itself support multi-
video object?
Regards,
Ron
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

IPP is a set of the low-level MPEG-4 functionality. The IPP functions are designed to deal with low-level members of MPEG-4 hierarchy of objects namely Video Object Planes. So high-level application can deal with many Video Objects and of course it can use IPP functionality for each Object.

Regarding mp4encode sample - to support multi-object you can try to modify the sample in this way:

// file ippVideoEncoderMPEG4.cpp

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
mp4_Param mp4par1, mp4par2;
ippVideoEncoderMPEG4 mp4enc1, mp4enc2;
mp4enc1.Init(&mp4par1):
mp4enc2.Init(&mp4par2):
mp4enc1.EncodeHeader();
mp4enc2.EncodeHeader();

while (...)
{
mp4enc1.EncodeFrame();
mp4enc2.EncodeFrame();
}
}

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
akira_kurosawa
Beginner
Hi,
I've read your very interesting discussion and
only one thing: where can I found the codec you were speaking above??
Sorry for bad English and Have a nice day!!
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
First of all, thanks for your interest to IPP and IPP codecs, we hope you'll find it useful for your deal.
In this thread wehad talk about MPEG4 codec. You can find it in IPP samples (together with many other codecs we have, like MP3 encoder/decoder, H.263 decoder, MPEG2 encoder/decoder, H.264 codec, JPEG and JPEG2000 ...). Pleaseread more about IPP on its home page
or see downloads for IPP samples:
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos