Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Dynamic IPP-Libs 7.0. license

Michal_C_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I got one question about license for IPP Library.
On the site below, Intel wrote that it`s free, but purchase is needed if I want access to Intel@ Premier Support or older versions of the library.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/free-ipp

Now, i don`t know what is the actual version of these libraries, but i want to specifically find out about Dynamic IPP-Libs 7.0. License.

Supplier creates a toolbox for us using these libraries. Are we as users of this tools, need to purchase a license for them, or we can use this tool with library for free ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Michal,

thanks for the explanation.

Yes only the developer or contributer needs to purchase the license for development process.

Users don't have to.

Thank you !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Michal,

Developers of a product should only need the license.

Does the toolbox from your supplier require IPP library installed on your machine in order to run?

0 Kudos
Michal_C_
Beginner

Hi John,

Supplier provides us a installer of toolbox.
After the installation, directory of the tool contains the necessary libraries including the IPP-libs.

0 Kudos
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Michal,

Why would you need IPP if the directory of the tool contains it after installation?

Do you mean that IPP is required to install the toolbox they provide?

0 Kudos
Michal_C_
Beginner

Hi John,

Sorry for the confusion.
I just wanted to make sure, that we can use the software that already contains your IPP library in the installer of the tool.

From what I understand, if the tool supplier has purchased a license, then the users of these tool does not need to buy an additional license ?

0 Kudos
Jonghak_K_Intel
Employee

Hi Michal,

thanks for the explanation.

Yes only the developer or contributer needs to purchase the license for development process.

Users don't have to.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Michal_C_
Beginner

Thank You for the infromation,
It`s very useful information

0 Kudos