Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Find data in image

kavermeer
Beginner
Hi,

I am trying to find a quick way to get the coordinates of a pixel in an image with a certain value. (In fact, I want to find pixels with certain bits set, but I can manage the translation.) It feels like it shouldn't be too hard, but I cannot find an elegant way with IPP. Did I miss anything? Am I trying to use the wrong tool for the job?

Thanks!

Koen
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Koen,

it seems you can try to zero all pixels which do not fit into your specification with logical IPP functions and then with using ippiMinIndx or ippiMaxIndx to extract coordinates of non-zero pixels (which actually only those which conform your specification). This is just an idea, not deeply thought out.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
kavermeer
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the response. I thought about a solution like that, but it seems like it's not a very efficient approach. I will try to test the performance; maybe it suffices.

Would something like a routine that returns the indices of all non-zero pixels (like 'find' in Matlab) be a good extension? I can mimic that with first a compare and then a ippiMaxIndx, but that requires the allocation of an extra buffer. Such a function would probably be more generally useful. I can suggest it to Premier support, unless you can convince me otherwise. :-)

Best,

Koen
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Koen,

I think we do not have such functionality in single function, so please feel free to submit your request through Intel Premier Support.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
kavermeer
Beginner
I just created a feature request.

Best,
Koen
0 Kudos