Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

From Memory Jpeg loading

persee
Beginner
Hi,
I've not find a sample to decode a jpeg image into a DIB or Bitmap with IPP from memory ( ie in a byte *),
someone could help ?
I'm a beginner in image processing
thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
good question (becauseI have answer :) )
I recommend you to download IPP JPEG samples, and take a look on JPEGView sample which contains simple JPEG codec which provides exactly memory-to-memory kind of interface.
Basically, steps to decode JPEG are following:
CJPEGDecoder dec;
dec.SetSource(pSrc, srcLen); // set-up pointer to memory buffer which contains JPEG data
dec.ReadHeader(); // obtain JPEG image characteristics, like width, height, number of channels and so on
dec.SetDestination(pDst,...); // set-up pointer to memory buffer for decompressed image
dec.ReadData(); // decomress JPEG data from pSrc to pDst with desired options
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
persee
Beginner
Txs for your reply,
i've take a look at the sample decoder, does it means that i must write my own ?
The problem is that i must write it in C#.
Does i had to write my own decoder in C++ and compile it as a dll
and use by P/Invoke mechanism ?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
actually, we already have C# JPEG sample, please take a look on IPP v5.0 beta samples.
In general, you are right, you have to write your application by yourself. IPP is more like set of building blocks for developers rather than set ofend-user solutions.
Regards,
Vladimir

Message Edited by vdudnik on 08-29-2005 06:30 AM

Message Edited by vdudnik on 08-29-2005 06:31 AM

0 Kudos
persee
Beginner
Sorry but i can't find the ipp5 beta on your site,
could you give me the URL please.
Someone on another forum told me about a sample named DecodeJPGFileToDIB but i can't find it in the 4.1 samples and docs.
thanks for your support and your time
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
since IPP v5.0 beta program was closed, you need to contact with Intel Premier Support to get IPP v5.0 beta samples.
Sample DecodeJPGFileToDIB, you mentioned, is described in IJL documentation, you need to download IPP-IJL sample (not necessary from v5.0 beta)
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos