Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Frustration with Intel

ndepalma
Beginner
So I've posted a few times with no response. I can let it go sometimes but I'm seriously having trouble with IPP and we've put in 2 weeks of porting our code in our company which equals much money on the part of my company, much more than we typically use to undertake an operation of upgrading a software package. So here is my question and I hope I get an answer... again.

I am looking for an iplGetPixel equivilent. I've tried addressing it directly as an array which works sometimes but not always. This just seems so core, there should be an easy way of addressing a single pixel in an IPP image. Maybe I'm just not seeing it but I really would like some help.
~Nick
0 Kudos
3 Replies
support2
Beginner

Frustration with Intel or with IPP Forum ? Anyway there is no concept ( this was different in IPL and is different in OpenCV). So as IPP deals with what we can call "memory buffers" in order to get some data you have to know what type of data is managed and in this respect there is also no < pixel > concept per se : only data as 8bit unsigned, 16 bits....etc. Anyway I can't figure why you can't always adress this as an array, once you know the memory pointer and the data type.

SRSR

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
IPP has no GetPixel functions. IPP image is the raw array with 0th row started with the image pointer, 1st row - the image pointer + image step bytes etc. Mb the problem is in wrong image step (counted in pixels or in image data elements)
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Pixel (row,col,chan) - (type*)(((Ipp8u*)ptr)+row*step+col*channels*sizeof(type)+chan)
0 Kudos