Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Get started with tht threaded demuxer

pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

I'm just starting a project where I need to support multicast MPEG2-TS. I've seen there is a ThreadedDemuxer class in the UMC IPP samples, but I did not find a sample useage of it. Is there a simple sample loop to see how I can use this class to work with network streams?

Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

UMC document(audio-video-codecsdocumc-manual.pdf), "Usage Examples" part on ThreadedDemuxer includes some example code pieces.

I also attached one simple test code on threaded demuxer. It read the data from file with UMC::FIOReader.
If you want to get the bitstream from network, you need to implement you UMC::DataReader class.

Thanks,
Chao
0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - Chao Yu (Intel)

UMC document(audio-video-codecsdocumc-manual.pdf), "Usage Examples" part on ThreadedDemuxer includes some example code pieces.

I also attached one simple test code on threaded demuxer. It read the data from file with UMC::FIOReader.
If you want to get the bitstream from network, you need to implement you UMC::DataReader class.

Thanks,
Chao

Thanks for the sample Chao, this very nicely outlines what I need to do for files. So there is no built in network reader?

Thanks again,
Peter

0 Kudos
mark_moore
Beginner
Quoting - pvonkaenel
Quoting - Chao Yu (Intel)

Thanks,
Chao

Thanks for the sample Chao, this very nicely outlines what I need to do for files. So there is no built in network reader?

Thanks again,
Peter

No there isn't. Which is a real shame. See posts by pushkar_p for a good starting point though. Thanks Pushkar.
0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
Quoting - mark_moore

No there isn't. Which is a real shame. See posts by pushkar_p for a good starting point though. Thanks Pushkar.

That is to bad, but thank you for the link, and thank you Pushkar for making your code available.

Peter
0 Kudos