Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

H264 Encoding YV12 - Colors are Swapped!

chad_ata
Beginner
Hi All,

I tried to H.264 encode a YV12 video with the sample encoder (video_enc_con), but my resulting H.264 video is colored funny (like the colors are swapped).

The YV12 video that I've recorded with my application follows the definition on the FOURCC.org website: 8 bit plane followed by 8 bit 2x2 subsampled V&U planes. When I play the raw YV12 back in mplayer (with the yv12 option) it plays back with the appropriate colors.

The only thing I can think of is that it might be related to the resolution of the YV12 videos that I've tried (352x240 or 704x240). Either that, or Intel's definition of YV12 is different than that of the FOURCC??

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Chad
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Chad,

according our engineers it is limitation of video encoders in media sample for IPP v5.1. In that version we support only YUV420 format (I420 as specified on fourcc.org). We are sorry for not mentioning it in documentation. We willimprove encoders and sample in the next release of IPP.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos