Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

H264VideoDecoder cannot properly decode H.264 RTP streams

pushkar_p
Beginner
Hi,
I am using the UMC H264VideoDecoder to decode RTP H.264 streams (baseline profile 428032 and 420033). What I found so far is some higher resolutions like 1280x800, 1920x1080 are not decoded properly (a large part of the frame is grey). Sometimes the decoder crashed too.
I recorded a problem stream using VLC to a MPEGTS container and fed frames from this to the decoder and everything was fine.

Method:
I get the Base64 encoded SPS and PPS from the sdp, decode it and feed it to the decoder using GetFrame (2 calls one for SPS and one for PPS). The GetInfo correctly returns the video stream info. I use liveMedia code to get the NALUs prefix them with the 3 byte header 0x000001 before feeding it to the decoder. I also make sure the decoder has consumed all the data before feeding it new data.

Can the H264VideoDecoder be used with RTP streams, the following thread also had the same problem but I don't see a solution in the thread:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=55409

Thanks.
Pushkar
0 Kudos
2 Replies
pushkar_p
Beginner
Sorry guys, this seemed to have happened due to data corruption in the input frame. After increasing the buffer it seems to decode 1080p correctly.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Thanks for letting us know. We're glad you solve the problem

Vladimir
0 Kudos