Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Help! H.264 decoder will crash if some frames lost.

goodluckxl2003
Beginner

Dear Sir:

I'm using IPP 5.1 H.264 decoder on windows. All works well while stream not broken;But some frames can be lost. In this case the decoder will crash in a method GetFrame of the decoder.
How to solve this problem ? Thanks a lot.

void H264SegmentDecoder::ReconstructMacroblockBMEHC(Ipp8u *pDstY,..
{
//Here is erro! &pRefPicList0[RefIndexL0] is 0x000000!!!! crash !
pRefYPlane = pRefPicList0[RefIndexL0]->m_pYPlane + offsetY;

}

thank you

coco.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
hsunnet
Novice
Maybe you can try with H.264 decoder from IPP 5.2? From "what is new" section the new decoder has provided missing frame handling:
  • new scheme of errors handling was introduced. The decoder able to play streams which have errors or missing fields/frames. Exception handling was implemented.
0 Kudos
richf
Beginner

I have the same problem with 5.2...

pParams->pParams->m_pSegDec->m_pRefPicList[iDir][iRefIndex]->m_pYPlanem_pSegDec->m_pRefPicList[iDir][iRefIndex]->m_pYPlane

in ReconstructMB::CompensateMotionLumaBlock is an unititialized pointer

Have you gotten a response?

rich

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Rich,

thanks for reporting about that issue. I'll submit issue report on Intel Premier Support for you. Please expect our technical support engineers will contact you soon and sorry for the delay. Please note that you can submit issue report by yourself.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Dear rich,

We are investigating this problem in our premier support. Do you have a video file that can produce this problem? That will help us to find the problem more quickly.

Regards,

Chao

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

Here are some further suggestion from our engineering expert: if the user is using MSVC compiler, it recommends to recompile the sample code with EHa option (instead of -EHsc) and fexception option for gcc. In this case IPP H.264 decoder could catch all possible exceptions and work much more stable. It will be helpful for IPP samples 5.2 gold sample (In IPP 5.2 version,we implemented new scheme of errors handling).

Thanks,

Chao

0 Kudos
Serguei_S_1
Beginner
Hi, Was there a fix for this issue? I'm seeing it in IPP v6.1 (in my case it is linux though). Thanks!
0 Kudos
Brijesh_K_
Beginner

Any fixes found yet? Am observing a similar issue.

0 Kudos