Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Help: Simple H264 coding and decoding?

bangjun
Beginner
Hello, All,

Enjoying the high performance of IPP, I've just bought a copy of it.

Now I want to use the H264 codec to encode and decode video frames in memory. I downloaded the media samples, but found out all are wrapped in a so-called umc uniform interface, which gives me a lot headach to try to catch the main meaning in it.

As said in above, my purpose is simply to use H264 for encoding and decoding some video frames in memory. Can anyone provide me with a much simpler example on how to do this? In addition, because I'm using VC, with the umc it turns out I have to carefully firgure out which libraries I should link to. Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Bangjun.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Bangjun,

first of all, thank you for choosing our product. I hope you'll find answers and will see benefits from unified interfaces for media codecs.

Regarding your question, UMC was developed exactly to work in memory-to-memory model, just see interface of GetFrame(MediaData*in, MediaData* out) function (which is implemented in almost every UMC codec). MediaData is an object which keep reference to memory buffer where media data is located.

Did you have a chance to look through UMC Manual? We tried to explain UMC concept and how to use these classes in that document. Please let us know if information is not sufficient and we will try to improve it in future.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
bangjun
Beginner
Vladimir,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer!

I start looking into the UMC manual and coding in VC++. However, after adding in some functions, I got the following compile errors:
H264umc_h264_core_enc.h(174) : error C2059: syntax error : 'constant'
H264umc_h264_core_enc.h(174) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
H264umc_h264_crc.h(149) : error C2059: syntax error : 'constant'
H264umc_h264_crc.h(149) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'

Do you know why? Could you tell me how to setup the compiling environment properly? There are so many sub-folders in umc. I don't have any idea how to organize them.

Best Regards,
Bangjun.
0 Kudos