Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Help to select the Installation location

crazyjag
Beginner

Hello,

We are using ThermaCAM Reporter software which comes with IPP v5.1. By default IPP installs under "C:\\Windows\\System32". But after reading a article "http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-ipp-rti-tool-is-obsolete/" it seems there is a potential confilct if anyother software installs different version of IPP under "C:\\Windows\\System32".

Please let me know whether i should change the default installation path of IPP to the installation directory of ThermaCAM Reporter or "C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\IPP\\5.x\\ia32\\" as mentioned in some articles.

Thanks

Jag

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

starting from IPP 6.0 we've added version number into IPP DLLs names so different versions can coexist in single folder.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
crazyjag
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have one more question, in my case application ThermaCAM installs IPP v5.1, so if someother application installs v5.3/5.x, is there any potential conflict since as you have mentioned that version numbers are added to the IPP DLLs only after IPP v6.0?

Also my IPP is just v5.1, i see the version numbers added to the fileslike ippac-5.1.dll, ippaca6-5.1.dll, ippcc-5.1.dll........ any thoughts?

Thank you,
Jagan
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
That mean that I've did mistake on time frame when wetook that decision, sorry, could not remember all the details after several years and several major releases passed by. The one potential source for conflict is libguide40.dll which has the same name in all IPP 4.x and 5.x releases. This library is Intel OpenMP run time library and should be compatible across all versions. But if you concern on this you may want to install each version to separate folder.

Vladimir
0 Kudos