Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

How to Grad Frames From Mpeg By OpenCV

walkerwoo
Beginner

Seems it only work with AVI. However, my job requires me to do real-time processing of the mpeg. Any libraries combined with openCV?

Thanks

Woo

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi

you can use UMC infrastructure (IPP media sample). I think you will need to convert UMC VideoData frame to image format used by OpenCV.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
walkerwoo
Beginner

Actually, Because I need to read mpeg directly(for real-time processing), so maybe what I need is a library linked with OpenCV. Any other tips? Thanks.

Woo.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

No other tips from me. You may ask the same question at OpenCV forum.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
dimarok1
Beginner
Quoting - walkerwoo

Actually, Because I need to read mpeg directly(for real-time processing), so maybe what I need is a library linked with OpenCV. Any other tips? Thanks.

Woo.

Hi,
I need also to read mpeg directly, walkerwoo did you manage to find a solution ?
Or anyone else can help me ?

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Did you notice highgui library in OpenCV? It should be able to process MPEG files..

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
dimarok1
Beginner
Did you notice highgui library in OpenCV? It should be able to process MPEG files..

Regards,
Vladimir

I included that library but it didn't work. avi files works really fine but when I try to read and show an mpeg file into a window, nothing happen...

Thanks anyway
0 Kudos