Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

How to convert a planar YUV422 frame to a BGRA frame directly?

steveha
Beginner

Hello,

Currently, to convert planar YUV422 to BGRA I have to do two steps:

Convert planar YUV422 to packed YUY2 (ippiYCbCr422_8u_P3C2R), then convert the packed YUY2 to BGRA (ippiYCbCr422ToBGR_8u_C2C4R).

I want to know is there any IPP function to do the conversion with just one step?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Abhinav_S_Intel

No, there is no IPP function available which does the conversion in one step. You'll have to do it in two steps.

0 Kudos
steveha
Beginner

Thanks for your confirmation.

I am confused a bit that though IPP has a function to convert planar YUV422 to BGR24 but it does not support the case BGRA (BGR32). I hope in the next version of IPP, Intel dev team will add one more function to support the need.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

That's true, there are some inconsistencies in supported API. I suggest You submit the official Feature Request to the Intel Online Service Center against the IPP product and explore there all your personal business needs and details.

0 Kudos
steveha
Beginner

I am using the free version of IPP, not sure if I am eligible to ask the official support. 

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Abhinav_S_Intel

You can still file a feature request at https://supporttickets.intel.com/

We will evaluate the request at our end and if approved, will implement in any future IPP release.

0 Kudos
steveha
Beginner
0 Kudos