Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

I want use mpeg4 enc/deco samples, and I also see video_enc_con, but I just transfer YUV .....

chenlocus
Beginner

video_enc_con can just transfer YUV file to mpeg4 format, but I want to transfer mpeg1 stream to mpeg4 format, can anyone give me an idea?

Thanks a lot

Austin Chan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi,

the simplest way I can suggest is to decode mpeg1 stream into yuv file with using simple_player application and after that encode it into mpeg4 stream with using video_enc_con application.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
chenlocus
Beginner

I have encapsule mpeg4 encode sample into a mpeg4 encode filter for directshow, the input pin is a video and YUV2 format , the output is mpeg4 format, then I connect it to xvid mpeg4 decode filter, and render it, but nothing is displayed for my select video media file.

I do not know whether it is because of incompability of mpeg4 encode in intel ippi and xvid mpeg4 decode or not.

So I wonder whether I should encapsule mpeg4 decode in intel ippi into a filter. But I can not get ippi mpeg4 decode samples with downloaded files.

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

IPP MPEG4 encoder supports only YV12 color format, so you need to do additional conversion if your input is in other format.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos