Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IJL and DirectX

sdenv
Beginner
Hello!
I encountered a problem with cooperative use of IJL 1.5 and DirectX 8.1 - 9.0c. If some application using directx video capture is running on computer, IJL have a great loss of performance. For example, my application encodes same 32-bit image with resolution 720x576 30 times per second. Processor usage is 0% on pentium4 2.6 GHz, Windows XP Pro. Then i'm starting AMCAP application from DirectX 8.1 SDK which captures video stream and displaying it, and my encoding IJL-application raises in processor usage to 30-40%. Separate usage of both applications gives 0% of processor time.
I've never seen such collision. Maybe somebody knows the cause of this conflict?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
we never seen such conflicts. Interesting, what is the reason to use old IJL version? As you probably know,we have IJL library available in sources as sample in IPP v4.1. I also should mention that we have no plan to continue support for IJL library in IPP v5.0. Now, we deliver simple JPEG codec as a IPP sample JPEGView. Could you try this codec to see if there still any conflicts?
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos