Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 4 compatibility issue

andre_kaufmann
Beginner
I switched from IPP41 to IPP50 and tested the mpeg2 decompressor example. The IPP5 decompressor displaysonly chaotic and weird frames, while the IPP41 one hasn't such problems.
Is the IPP50 sample more restricted, regarding Mpeg2 formats, than the IPP41 or am I doing something wrong ?
Thanks in advance.
Andre
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Andre,

could you please provide more details about your issue? What exactly application did you tried to test MPEG2 decoder sample? Do you have the same issue on all MPEG2 bitstreams or only on some specific streams?

BTW, IPP API was extended and slightly changed between IPP v4.1 and IPP v5.0, so you should not link old MPEG2 decoder sample with new IPP libraries.

Did you tried new Media Sample we provide in IPP v5.0? Does it have the same issue?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
andre_kaufmann
Beginner

Hi Vladimir,

I tried the simple_player.exe sample from IPP 5.0 samples and the Mpeg2decoder.exe sample from IPP 4.0 samples.
The IPP 4.0 one had no problems playing our Mpeg2PV bitstream.
It's not a common Mpeg2 format and not all mpeg2 players are capable to replay it, though the Intel IPP 4.0 decoder can.
Since we are using Mpeg2 onlyas anexport format, it's currently not a "big" problem for us, since we don't have to play it back.
The main issue I currently have is with Mpeg4.
I used an Adlink card and the Intel IPP 5.0 simple_player.exe to play back a single GOV.
But the player displayed only the moving parts of the video stream. Not the initial I-frame. But perhaps I did something wrong, I haven't investigated the issue deeper yet.

Icould investigate the problem further, but perhaps it would be better to send you sample bitstreams causing the problem.

If you are interested in the samples please contact me by mail (e-mail is unfortunately my username). I can send you either the samples per mail or a download link.

Thank you very much,
Andre

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Andre,

Yes, we definetely interested to get stream to test our decoder. So, could you please create issue report on Intel Premier Support? You should be able to attach this stream to this report and you will be automatically notified if there is any solution or workaround for this problem.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
andre_kaufmann
Beginner
I've downloaded a mpeg2 sample.
The Mpeg4 decoder hasn't any problems. It was a corrupt media sample. Other samples are played back without any problems.
So currently it's not a big issue for us anymore, but to improve
the IPP5.0 backwards compatibility I thought it would be good to send the Mpeg2 sample anyways.

The IPP5.0 library is the best and performant media libraryI know - congratulations for this very good piece of software.

Thank you Vladimir for your help and very good support.
I'm very impressed about the good support.
Andre
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Andre,

thank you forinterest toIPP product

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos