Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP 7.0 H264 decoder problems (windows)

vucetica
Beginner
Hi,
we have migrated our h264 decoder which used ipp 6 to ipp 7.0.2. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well. When in debug mode it throws assertion failures, and when our directshow filter is built in release mode it just throws blank frames. Are there any known issues with h264 decoder coming with IPP 7.0.2 samples? Do we have to make any changes in our existing code to migrate to ipp7 (except different static libraries).
Ipp decoder is build as staticmulti threadedlibrary and it behaves the same when I build id as static sequential. Also, it behaves the same when I put 1 for number of threads.
Thanks.
Aleksandar
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

could you please tell us more on your issue?

Do you face this issue in your application or it is also possible to reproduce that with sample application we have, like simple_player?

Is it possible to attach here problem stream, so we could look at it to reproduce issue on our side?

What is your target OS and processor you run on?Do you use 32-bit or 64-bit libraries?

Vladimir
0 Kudos
vucetica
Beginner
Thanks Vladimir. I've managed to fix it. It was my mistake, I have missed to call ippStaticInit().
Thanks,
Aleksandar
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Aleksandar, thanks for update, I'm glad to hear that you have found solution.

Vladimir
0 Kudos