Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP Generic NonPic ?

DF
Beginner

Is there a ipp generic for 7.x for linux that has nonpic versions for kernel module?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi DF, You may have known the latest IPP 9.0 update 1 had nonpic folder for kernel modules. . I'm not sure about IPP 7.x as it was not supported for a while, could you please help to show the folder structure if you have 7.x installed on your machine or tell if there are exact issue when use which functionality/libraries. is it possible for you to use the latest version? Best Regards, Ying H. Intel IPP support.
0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hi DF, You may have known the latest IPP 9.0 update 1 had nonpic folder for kernel modules. I'm not sure about IPP 7.x as it was not supported for a while, could you please help to show the folder structure if you have 7.x installed on your machine or tell if there are exact issue when use which functionality/libraries. is it possible for you to use the latest version? Best Regards, Ying H. Intel IPP support.
0 Kudos
DF
Beginner

The 7.0 version does have a nonpic for all the various normal libraries, but not for the ipp generic (px/mx) versions.  I use the px/mx because the code is small and only needed for one thing and it's just as fast as the other for what is done, also it's compatible with everything.

I could try the others, just worried about some kernel mode illegal use of register plus code bloat, driver is about 150K with mx/px but with full it's 450k

it be nice if you just offered the px/mx always then upgrading version to version would be an easy decision.

0 Kudos