Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP Multithreading

beaupaisley
Beginner
Is there a list of improvements to the multithreading in IPP for the upcoming version? Of particular importance for our application are the following, (none of which are threaded in the current version)

ippsDivC_64f();
ippsDivC_32f();
ippsMul_32f();
ippsMulC_32f();
ippsMulC_64f();
ippsDFTFwd_CToC_64f();
ippsDFTInv_CToC_64f();
ippsFFTFwd_CToC_64f();
ippsFFTInv_CToC_64f();
ippsSortAscend_32f_I( );
ippsSortAscend_64f_I( );

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ying_S_Intel
Employee

Dear Customer,
You can find all threaded functions we listed in Intel IPP.

Please go to this support web site to downloaded the list for each version:
http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/libraries/ipp/sb/CS-026584.htm

The download link of "ipp52omp.ini" for the threaded API list in Intel IPP 5.2 is mistakenly linked to the old version of IPP, we are fixing this at this moment. Please download the ipp52omp.txt from the attachment.

By the way, the Intel IPP 5.2 is now available, please visit http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp to find more details!!!

Thanks,
Ying

0 Kudos
beaupaisley
Beginner
Ying,
Thank you for the information. I have reviewed the file and there are some nice additions made, but some of the most critical of the library, i.e. ippsFFT*, ippsDFT*, and ippsSort* were not added. Is there a specific reason?

Also for many of the ippsMul* and ippsDiv*, only the integer versions were added, whereas the real versions would certainly have been more important and benefited more.

beau

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello beau,

there are many reasons which are considered at planning stage (specific of algorithm, possible performance gain, available resources and so on). By the way, sometime you can benefit more if you implement threading on top of IPP, your application have full control on it and might be tuned for your specific task.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos