Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP Samples with Compile Warnings and Errors

brian-womack
Beginner

As of Dec 23, 2008, I have the latest version of the Intel Compiler 11.0.066, IPP 6.0.1.070 and associated samples.

Again, I am disappointed that there are ANY warnings or errors in this code. There are whole directories that do not build, and that is not OK to me. Intel has a well-designed compiler and the performance libraries are first rate. The samples should reflect that and have zero warnings and errors.

I would also like to see the ability to type 'nmake' or 'build32' or 'build64' at the root samples folder and everything builds in one shot. A week of effort by an mid-level developer could solve this, imho.

Please Intel, fix this!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,
we doseveral levelsvalidation of IPP and samples before each realese to ensure they can be built on supported platform with supported tools and environment and work as intended.
If you face any issue with sample build pleasecheck readme.htm file ofproblem sample to ensure you have all necessary tools to bild it. Some IPP samples may depend on third party SDK or libraries, like MS DirectX SDK (of particular version) or Trolltech Qt GUI library (also particular version)
In any case, if you can provide detailed info what kind of issues you have we will try to help you.
Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
franknatoli
New Contributor I
Quoting - Vladimir Dudnik
Hello,
we doseveral levelsvalidation of IPP and samples before each realese to ensure they can be built on supported platform with supported tools and environment and work as intended.
If you face any issue with sample build pleasecheck readme.htm file ofproblem sample to ensure you have all necessary tools to bild it. Some IPP samples may depend on third party SDK or libraries, like MS DirectX SDK (of particular version) or Trolltech Qt GUI library (also particular version)
In any case, if you can provide detailed info what kind of issues you have we will try to help you.
Regards,
Vladimir

Brian: I'm doing command line build32.bat with the VS2005 C compiler, which calls itself v14.00.50727.762. There are warnings, but no errors for any of the program groups that I've compiled. Which program groups are failing to compile? What Visual Studio release contains the v11 that you are using? Sounds kind of old, considering that VS2005 has been superseded by VS2008.

0 Kudos