Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP UMC h264 decoding

shinjite
Beginner
Hey guys,

Got a pretty good decoder going and been thinking how I would go about doing a SEEK to frame or seek to time.
I checked simple player out and it uses this avsync class which I don't see any type of seeking in there just simple play back calls.

I don't use audio - I just use video. I would like some help on writing a seek frame function or some reference. I think it may have to do with the MediaData.

One way to see if to just get frame until I get to the PTS point that I want... but thats not going to work I don't want to decode every single frame just to seek.

Is there any other way?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Although we do not provide trick mode support in UMC media sample (by reason to keep them simple) this question has arised several times on this forum and you may find those threads searchingthrough forum. Basically it is application level responsibility to provide trick modes (like seek) and there is not much to do with codecs.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
rxie1
Beginner
Although we do not provide trick mode support in UMC media sample (by reason to keep them simple) this question has arised several times on this forum and you may find those threads searchingthrough forum. Basically it is application level responsibility to provide trick modes (like seek) and there is not much to do with codecs.

Regards,
Vladimir

In terms of seeking in h264 stream, you have to starting decoding from the nearest IDR frame until reaching your position.
0 Kudos