Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP dynamic libraries in OS X application

minne
Beginner
I am building an OS X application using Qt that uses IPP libraries (hence, i do not use XCode!). Compilation and linking of this application goes just fine, but I'm having troubles when running the application. The application didn't run (without DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH being set), because it couldn't find the IPP libraries. I thought I could fix this by copying the libraries against which the application links into a @executable_path/../Frameworks directory (I found out which libraries to incorporate using otool -L). Apparently, the application couldn't find the libraries then either. I fixed this issue by notifying the application and libraries of each other existence using the install_name_tool.

Now, when I start the application, it doesn't give any linking errors anymore, but it just says "No shared libraries were found in the Waterfall procedure" and quits. This seems to be an IPP message. Does anybody know what it means and how I can fix it?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I can guess that you need also to notify about existance processor specific libraries, not only IPP dispatchers. Now it seems your application can start, can load IPP dispatcher library, but then dispatcher can't find and load processor specific libraries

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
minne
Beginner
I was already thinking something like that. Right now, I only add the libguide-5.2.dylib, libippi-5.2.dylib, libippcv-5.2.dylib, libipps-5.2.dylib, and libippcore-5.2.dylib to the application, and run the install_name_tool on these libraries.

How do I know which processor specific libraries I need to add? Or is it better to just add and notify them all (this would probably make the application unneccesary large)?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

In order to minimize application size you may want to link with IPP static libraries

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos