Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

IPP for StrongArm

calvin0905
Beginner
Hi,
IPP 3.0 used to support StrongArm processors (no DSP instruction set as in xScale). In one project I still need to compile for strongArm, what are the options I have. I spent the whole day looking for IPP 3.0 for the strongArm processor but I could only find the PDF documentation.
Can I use any of the XScale IPP libraries with a processor without the DSP IS? If not, is the IPP 3.0 still available some where.
Thanks in advance.
Calvin.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Calvin,
if your question is about IPP for Xscale without WMMX you can use IPP for IXP. It is available in IPP v5.0
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
calvin0905
Beginner
Hello Vladimir,
Thanks for your reply. My question actually takes the technology even one step behind the WMMX. As far as I know, the XScale is an ARM V5TE compatible core and the StrongArm is a simple ARM V4 compatible. This means the StrongArm does not implement the thumb instruction set (T) and does not have the 40-bit accumelator and the instruction supporting it (E). This makes the StrongArm code run on the XScalebut not the other way around.
Now I need to fix an older product that runs on the StrongArm and used the IPP, but I can not find this IPP library any where any more.
Can you provide me with that IPP for StrongArm or a replacement?
Thanks again.
Calvin
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

I recommend you to contact with Intel Premier Support to try to solve this issue.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos