Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imapple
Beginner

IPP sample code build failed with Xcode2.4 on Mac OS X

I have installed the IPP 5.3 and the Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition 10.1 on my Mac OS X(10.4.10). Now I download the package m_ipp-sample_p_5.3.076 and build it. The audio-video-codecs was built successfully with Max OS shell. But the Xcode project built failed, such as the ippiDemo.xcodeproj in image-processing folder. The error message is "/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/Library/Frameworks/Intel_IPP.framework/Intel bad magic number(not a Mach-O file) , Command /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 failed with exit code 1".

Additionally, the ippiDemoproject cannot find the libippcore.dylib, libipps.dylib and libippi.dylib because thatits path is "/Library/Frameworks/Intel_IPP.framework/Versions/5.1/ia32/lib/...". So I modified it to "/Library/Frameworks/Intel_IPP.framework/Versions/5.3.4.075/ia32/bin/...". But the same error message still exist.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

could you please specify IPP package info (you may find it in IPP doc folder, file ippsupport.txt)?

Regards,
Vladimir

imapple
Beginner

My IPP package ID : m_ipp_p_5.3.4.075

Package Contents: Intel Integrated Performance Primitives 5.3 Update 4 Evaluation for Mac OS* X

My IPP sample code package ID: m_ipp-sample_p_5.3.076

Package Contents: Intel IPP Samples for Mac OS*

My Xcode version is 2.4.

I cannot find the support file of Intel C++ Compiler. But its image file name is "m_cc_p_10.1.017.dmg".

Whether I should link the Intel C++ Compiler to Xcode manually? If I should, how can i do it?

(I have built the audio-video-codesc. The simple_player work well. I can playback the mpeg file with it.)

g7akil
Beginner

I have the same problem. I suspect the Intel_IPP file that was installed is corrupt, as I copied the file from IPP V5.2 and it linked (not sure if it will work however).

The file path is:

/Library/Frameworks/Intel_IPP.framework/Versions/5.3.4.075/em64t/